There are endless types, brands, colors, shapes and sizes of broadhead available on the market, and it can be difficult for even the most experienced bowman to find a quality broadhead.
If you’re after the best of the best, then you’ll probably have to loosen your purse strings a little – after all, you can’t put a price on quality.
G5 OUTDOORS MONTEC BROADHEAD[amazon fields=”B000IENPWS” value=”thumb” image_size=”large”]
If you’re willing to pay a little extra for a state-of-the art broadhead, then keep reading for our review of the G5 Outdoors Montec Broadhead, including a list of the features, and of the pros and cons.
- Simple design
- Solid construction
- Low maintenance
- Won’t fly as true as a mechanical broadhead
G5 Outdoors Montec Broadhead Product Review
Before we get stuck in the review, let’s give you a little bit of information on the company behind the broadhead – G5 Outdoors.
G5 Outdoors is a three generation family business that prides themselves on their top-quality hunting products. From its humble beginnings in an old wheat mill, this company built itself up to one of the leading archery-equipment manufacturers in the world.
The G5 Outdoors mission is to make bowhunters more effective in the field, and with the Montec Broadhead, they’re certainly sticking to their goal.
Before we get into the review, here’s a list of the specs:
- 100% Steel Tough
- Cut-On-Contact Design
- Diamond Cut Sharpness
- Available in 85, 100, and 125 Grains
- High-Speed Crossbow Model Available in 100 and 125 Grains
- One-Piece MIM Construction
- 100% Spin Tested
- Pre-Season Model Available
- 1″ to 1 1/8″ Cutting Diameter
- 3x Broadheads per pack
If you’re a seasoned hunter, you’re going to love these broadheads. The appearance of them alone is enough to convince you – the sleek, modern, metal design looks very cutting edge and state-of-the-art – it would look great in any hunting kit.
The angle of the blade is specifically designed to allow for maximum (and repeated) penetration and devastation, and it will be a while before the tip becomes dull. When the tip inevitably dullens, don’t stress! The Montec Broadhead’s super sharp tip that can be resharpened easily thanks to the strong tapered blade’s design and angle.
It does a great job of providing a quick, smooth, and accurate shot, and is super durable, which is expected with any high-quality broadhead.
The Montec features One-Piece Metal Injection Molding Construction, which means no parts are needed to replace or maintain. Thanks to this, this broadhead is easy and simple to use – you simply screw on and shoot.
If you’re still having doubts on the quality of this broadhead, then you’ll be relieved to know that it’s been through multiple tests.
- Spin Tested: Each and every G5 broadhead is spin tested to insure true flight.
- Deployment Tested: Our expandable broadheads go through rigorous testing to make sure that each and every broadhead deploys correctly when that shot of a lifetime presents itself.
- Strength Tested: All G5 broadhead models are put through the guillotine strength test. Developed to simulate various kinetic energy needed to penetrate flesh, hide and bone.
- Sharpness Tested: Nothing short of perfection, G5 utilizes LUTZ and diamond cut blades to provide you with devastating wound channels resulting in quick, clean and ethical kills.
Although beginners are sure to be in awe of these high-performance broadheads, only seasoned hunters can truly appreciate the accuracy and lethality that these broadheads offer.
If you’re willing to spend a little bit extra for some great, durable broadheads with pinpoint accuracy, then you’ve hit the mark with this one.
Have you tried and tested the G5 Outdoors Montec Broadhead? If the answer is yes, then what are your thoughts? Do you agree with our review?
Let us know in the comments section below, and be sure to share our review with your archery friends!